Lakes & Tarns Holiday, Lake District: 23-28th April 2019
Are you comfortable with a 10 mile walk…? Then add 30% again for the ascent & terrain in our wild & magical Lakeland Fells! So…. Are you actually comfortable with 14 miles …?
No time constraints and time taken over technical ground but we need to be able to keep going!
This walking holiday will include:
· 3 Nights B&B at Glenthorn Lodge, Grasmere… (twin & double options available)
· 2 x dinner at Glenthorn Lodge (no dinner on the day off)
· 2 nights at the prestigious Inn On The Lake Hotel– on the shores of Ullswater
· B&B option available in Glenridding as a cheaper alternative, subject to availability
· Luggage transfers from Ambleside to Grasmere to Glenridding & back to Ambleside
· 2 Dinners in the village of Glenridding
· 5 Lunch boxes – Nicky Sproson specials – no rubbish, and far too healthy lunches!
· 5 Days of lead walks (detailed below), with Qualified Mountain Leaders & Walk Leaders
· 1 Pilates class whilst at Glenthorn Lodge & hopefully a sheepdog demo & farmhouse tea
Day 1 – Meet 12 noon
Starting at the northern tip of Lake Windermere…. Ambleside to Grasmere, via Rydal Water – Warm Up Walk! 12km
Very low level
Grasmere to Easdale Tarn & Stickle Tarn (under Langdale pikes AMAZING setting!) 13km / 817m ascent
(Mountain Day option: £20 extra: Seargent Man, High Raise & Harrison Stickle / Pike of Stickle (Langdale Pikes) & Parvey Ark … watch out a 20km walk with 1306m ascent… and can go get more too!)
Day off in Grasmere…. (I am trying to organise a traditional farm talk, sheepdog demo in Grasmere & tea in a farmhouse, but farmers will be in lambing time and so I will throw this is in as an extra if I can organise it?)
Walk to Glenridding over Grisedale Hause via Grisedale Tarn – 12km / 941m ascent
(Mountain Day £20 extra: up to Grizedale Tarn then over Dollywagon Pike, Nethermost and Helvellyn also and down to Glenridding – 18km 1500m)
various route options, or mountain day option up onto High Street Ridgeline
Work our way to Angle Tarn – a favourite and most photographed tarn in the Lakeland Fells via Boardale Hause…. dropping down to Hartsop via Hayeswater – 17km & 1062m ascent? and a peek into Crookabeck angora wool farm and shop…
Easy day could be to get the famous Ullswater steamer from Glenridding to either Howtown or Aira Force and walk the 3.5 or 7 miles back to the hotel – unguided.
Walk back to the cars over the Scandal Pass, via Brothers Water…. an option to go over Red Screes…. more ascent but the descent is then strangely an easier route back to Ambleside… lower option is still quite an ascent… 18km 923m or via top of red screes 20km and 1256m
TOTAL ROUTE: 44 miles over 5 days… but don’t be fooled by the short distances… they are tough but magical days. Over the course of the holiday on clear days you should see miles of mountains surrounding you and touch at least 10 pieces of Lakeland Water!
Glenthorn Lodge & Inn On The Lake : £795 (Single Supplement £200)
Glenthorn Lodge & Glenridding B&B: £675 (Single Supplement £120)
£300 deposit per person payable upon booking
I hope you can join us, we are very excited to be delivering this unusal Nordic holiday!
Nics Nordic Walks Team J
The map shows the approximate location of the Holiday.
For more information, availability and booking, please use the contact form below.